Monday, December 26, 2005

Has anyone read Edgar Allan Poe?

Well, i have. Atleast tried to. I dont think even a full fledged PhD in literature can ever say he perfectly made sense of all the stories. i just loved some of his stories. I suggest you try these:
1. The Tell Tale heart: not his most famous, but certainly (i think) the best.
2. Murders in the Rue Morgue-- did someone say detective novels?
3. Ms. found in a bottle-- beyond weird
4. The Black Cat-- this one's just too... shit! just read it!
5. The fall of the House of Usher
6. The Pit and the Pendulum-- this is makes you seriously contemplate the sanity of this guy.
It seems he almost starved his wife and mother in law to death once...
He married his thirteen year old cousin!!!
People admire him. Maybe for his outrageously absurd thinking, maybe for his profound understanding of the human psyche. All I can say is, I dont think there'll be another guy like him. Maybe he was a necrophile. His stories are so... what's the word... macabre. Morbid. Some are even grotesque, like [2]. i wont spoil the story by telling you what happens.
Oh, I almost forgot... The Raven- one poem i didnt really understand. Actually i read it in a hurry, and its not something you read in a hurry. I must get back to it.

5 comments:

Indus Creep said...

I have read some Poe. Macabre, yes. Thrilling too.

The Raven...I haven't understood it fully.
Do proceed to explain it to me.

Safari Al said...

swear i lost you halfway through the story of yours.

poe is good. have a book by that guy, but think some one flicked it. like descent into the maelstrom. weird shit.

Mahesh Shastry said...

maga nam blog'u swalpa nodu.

Safari Al said...

dude, when you come back lets go hit the statue. i want to hear your fundaes on life, the universe and everything else.

Indus Creep said...

shallow????? what do you expect me to say?